ITSM strives to bring the provision of IT services in line with the needs of the enterprise. The full form of ITSM is IT Service Management. The focus of ITSM tools is to provide satisfactory end-user service.
What is ITSM?
ITSM is a combination of a set of defined policies, processes and methods for providing IT products and services. It improves and supports customer-oriented IT services.
The ITSM process helps you manage IT services. Organizations need to manage the capabilities of the service, its functioning, changes, and what happens when problems arise.
There are many different ITSM processes that appear in various forms in other ITSM structures:
Why does your business need ITSM?
The activities of each department of your organization are aimed at providing services, whether internal or external. Such services include, for example, providing technical support, working with clients, implementing organizational changes, and budget planning. How these services are used by your employees can have a profound impact on how your business generally functions.
An Atlassian Expert Aleks Yenin, principal Polontech consultant, states that a strong ITSM process helps to increase the productivity and overall satisfaction of your employees, allowing them to concentrate on the resources needed for better performance of work.
Reducing IT costs
Save money through effective problem management and knowledge management, which allows you to solve recurring problems, speeds up the search for solutions and increases employee productivity.
Improving services quality
Design a customizable workflow that eliminates the need for manual operations and improves interaction between teams.
Optimize user communication by replacing long and inconsistent email message chains with processes that ensure that the necessary resources are provided to the right people.
Save your employees time and effort by avoiding double tasks, ensuring more efficient processes and eliminating unnecessary costs.
Improving business efficiency
Reduce downtime, prevent serious problems before they occur, and comply with risk management requirements both inside and outside the company.
Tools for managing IT processes
Jira Service Desk implemented by Polontech is a flexible ITSM solution with the possibility of collaboration, designed to provide services quickly.
When Polontech adopts a Service Desk solution and integrates ITSM processes, it helps teams provide world-class service and allows employees to search for the necessary information to quickly get support.
- Self-service portal.
- Confluence knowledge base with support for all unique features.
- SLA policies for tracking deadlines based on time spent or categories of requests.
- Configurable queues that can be used by agents to prioritize, sort, and assign incoming requests.
- CSAT reporting.
The ability to quickly respond to incidents, eliminate them and continuously form conclusions, as well as keep interested parties informed.
- Using the Opsgenie service to easily manage the duty schedules of many teams. Alerts.
- Incident reports.
- Opsgenie integrates with hundreds of the best tools for monitoring, workflow management and collaboration.
- Review of the results of the incident response.
- Problem Management
- Minimizing the impact of the consequences of incidents, recording information about problems and workarounds, as well as helping agents find the root cause of their occurrence.
Improving the flow of changes in infrastructure and services and simultaneously reducing the risk to the organization and accelerating the provision of services.
- Customizable workflows.
- Plans for making changes.
- Configuration management.
- A schedule of changes integrated with the calendar.
- Resource management
- The ability to connect your own resource management application to link to resources, track them and link requests to resources directly in Jira Service Management.
Jira Software for project management
Project management allows IT companies to maintain orderly maintenance to avoid problems such as legacy systems.
Jira Software is a professional project development and management tool for agile teams. The solution allows you to create user stories and tasks, plan sprints and distribute tasks in your development team. You can use a standard process or create your own, suitable for a particular team.
- Customizable Filters – Create your own filters using the Jira Query Language (OQL).
- Integration with Development Tools – Integrate with development tools for continuous process tracking.
- More than 3000 applications – Expand the capabilities of Jira Software with applications.
- Customizable processes – Create customizable processes with the ability to adapt to any approach to work.
Confluence for Content and Knowledge Management
Knowledge management helps you avoid duplication of work by organizing and providing information about different types of IT products and services.
Confluence is a space for teamwork, in which accumulated knowledge and opportunities for collaboration form a single whole to achieve ambitious goals. Thanks to the solution, you can work together and organize all the working information in one place.
- Collaboration on a project – With the help of a flexible working environment in which various tools are available, from practically useful meeting protocols to inspiring project plans, you can give an impetus to the participation of teams in collaboration.
- Work order – The ability to organize work by grouping related pages in a specially created section that only a specific user or all users have access to. Thanks to a powerful search tool and structured page trees, content is easy to find and it will always be at hand.
- Feedback in context – Joint editing of the page, commenting directly in the texts or on the page,
Problem and Risk Management
A problem is the root cause of any incident. The IT organization can temporarily solve the problem, but cannot solve the problem. This can lead to incidents, so problem management is a method of troubleshooting to improve service quality and productivity.
The risk itself is the possibility of an event that is more or less likely to affect the achievement of the project goals: timing, cost or quality.
Here are five simple steps to implement the ITSM process and workflows:
- Audit your current ITSM work and find out the gaps;
- Train, communicate and involve stakeholders in the implementation of ITSM processes;
- Identify critical success factors and keep track of performance indicators and metrics;
- Use the appropriate ITSM tools to automate the process;
- Development of feedback loop and other glass holders.
At Polontech, our experts will guide you through all steps of ITSM processes integration:
To create a new infrastructure based on Jira products.
Move your data and teams to Jira from any service software.
Introduce changes to the source code to extend the feature set subject to your requirements.
Make Jira and Confluence seamlessly work with your current software and corporate infrastructure.